Monday, December 18, 2017

Osmo Grant Winner!


Today I was completely surprised to learn that my grant proposal was funded by the Janesville Education Foundation!  Hooray!  I am so grateful and excited to purchase additional technology for my classroom -- additional Osmo kits and manipulatives, including the new Hot Wheels MindRacers. 🚗

I'm especially excited to get the MindRacers kit, because it allows students to quickly make strategic decisions while competing in a virtual reality atmosphere.  During the game, students have to strategize, anticipate, and react for real-time results, using tokens to control a race car's actions.  I can't wait to try it and get the kids started using it!

Students will also practice dexterity, quick decision-making, as well as social skills and sportsmanship while working together or competing against one another.  This Osmo purchase will also support our kindergarten science curriculum, when we learn about physics with toy cars and experiment with force, motion, and gravity.  MindRacers will totally expand our learning to an exciting new level with virtual experiences!  I plan to loan the kit out to the kindergarten classrooms next door to offer engaging science integration for their students, too!


My grant included 3 new bases among all the kits, so this brings me up to five bases in all for my classroom, so I will definitely be setting up centers for more students now! Osmo Numbers for a while, then swap out for Tangrams or Words.  Or some of each and offer engaging choices each day. I'm just so excited! To learn more about using Osmo in school, visit their website!

No comments:

Post a Comment