Sunday, November 20, 2016

A Little Nutty for QR Codes

I introduced students to scanning QR codes this week!

QR codes can help students become self-directed learners.  I wanted to find a math activity with QR codes, so that I could integrate technology and iPad use into math somehow, with purpose.   Success!  I found this FREEBIE on Teachers Pay Teachers!  

This was a station, so each table took a turn on a different day of the week.

First, students had to count the acorns on the cards (teen numbers) and record their answer.  When all the numbers were done, they could get an iPad and use the QR code reader to scan the code to check their answer.  

To help them stay organized with the cards they had already counted, I color coded a range of 5 cards and their recording sheet, as well.  The cards were labeled with a letter of the alphabet.  It worked well for each student to have one color to start with, then trade with someone.  I learned this the hard way, after the first group was searching all over the table for a few cards they hadn't counted yet.  I like having a clear system for the routine, and I know they appreciated it, too!  





They had a lot of fun, and I'm proud of how independent they were.  I hope I can find more fun activities like this in the future, or else make my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment